Well, I finished my Mini-LD game, Gravity Flip, and had a lot of fun making it! This whole post basicly a Post Mortem of my game.
What Went Right:
- Game Idea - I aimed for something simple and fun.
- Theme - I can do pixel art.
- Flashpunk - It’s easy to use.
- Level design - I’m great at creating evil levels. Unfortunately, none of the playtesters beat them all without cheating
- Music - Sounds great!
- Playtesting - I had 2 people playtest while I could watch them and hear them give me feedback.
What Went Wrong:
- Flashpunk - It was the first time I used it! Luckily it’s easy to learn
- Submission process - I HATE U McFUNKYPANYS!!! I never even got to submit my game, because the submission process makes no sense!
- Sound - I’m not really happy with it. It should stand out more.
What I Learned:
- Know what you are allowed to use ahead of time. I’m not sure if I was even allowed to use the music that I did for a Ludum Dare.
- Sleep (But only when you need to.) I slept, but not before it was affecting my programming skills.
- Aim for something you can create. I knew I could make a gravity switch platformer because I had made one before.
Well, I had fun with the mini LD, and I’m ready to do it again in 15 days! Who’s with me?